1. Consider the garden size and layout – Make sure the marble fountain will fit and look proportional in the space. Measure carefully to determine the maximum dimensions.
2. Match the style – Choose a marble fountain design that fits your garden’s existing architectural and decorative features. Consider classical, modern, abstract etc.
3. Check fountain basin size – It needs to hold enough water volume to support the pump and keep water flowing properly. Larger basins are better for big fountains.
4. Select durable, high-quality marble – Thicker marble that is resistant to weathering and staining is best for outdoor fountains. Marble types like white Carrara are popular.
5. Look for intricate carvings – The more detailed the marble carving and sculpting, the more impressive it will look. But also ensure stability.
6. Confirm water flow rate – Make sure the pump capacity provides the desired water volume you want for ambiance. Opt for adjustable flow.
7. Include lighting – For nighttime illumination, seek options like LED lights integrated into the fountain design.
8. Choose low maintenance – Check that the fountain doesn’t require frequent cleaning or repairs. Easy pump access is ideal.
9. Check supplier warranties – Longer warranties indicate better quality and durability. Be sure to register upon receipt.
10. Seek help designing – If ordering a custom fountain, work with the manufacturer to match your vision and space constraints.
Taking the time to evaluate the options and make the best choice will ensure your large marble fountain becomes a true showpiece that you can enjoy for years.